View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Mar 21, 2020 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Huh, interesting. I wonder if you would find yourself so harshly judging yourself if it were another disease, like diabetes or coronary artery disease or cancer. Just wondering about all that, I guess. Just my opinion, but again, I do not believe it is possible to "give oneself" a major depessieve episode. YMMV, of course.
You're right. I have heart disease and I am not necessarily ashamed of it or think it is ugly. I think I have alot of biases. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, I'm just being brutally honest with myself. I am not proud of my views of depression. I am just admitting it so I can get help. I don't like feeling this way and I am hurting myself and others around me by ignoring the problem.

You are probably right about giving myself a depressive episode. But this is the argument I give my therapist. I tell them that I don't feel this "cloud over my head for no reason" feeling. It's just that alot of sad things have happened to me and alot of my present life as well is very painful. So I cry.
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Open Eyes