View Single Post
medievalbushman

Member Since Feb 2020
78 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2020 at 11:24 PM

I suspect all of these things are possible, and I know from personal experience that suppressing physical pain is %100 possible. In the combat sport I play (the one I was jabbering about earlier), pain is a given. When I first started, I was told that we'd go at my pace (at practices) but that I should expect lots of bruises and abrasions, and that more serious physical injury was a very real (if unusual) possibility. Eventually, you learn how to suppress and ignore pain, or you won't be able to play our game very much. It's pretty common for me to walk away from practices with large bruises. At a tournament last summer, I fought roughly 30 fights (possibly more, I didn't count), and at the end of it when I was taking off my armor, it was only then I noticed that my left side had gotten lit right up. I don't know how many times I'd been hit there, but I had a bruise roughly the size of an icecream pail lid under my armpit and extending over to my shoulder blade. That area was described by more than one comrade as "hamburger". I didn't feel it until I got in the shower half an hour later.