Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2020 at 03:10 AM

Hey @SummerTime12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTime12 View Post

When I asked if he thought I was attractive, he said “I think you’re very attractive.” And then when I asked if he thought I was sexually attractive, he said “I think you’re attractive and I think you’re physically attractive, so yes I think you’re sexually attractive.”
This is not ok. I dont care if he thinks it will help you. He should know that it wont and that you are in a fragile place and that this will cause confusion. And the fact that he said "very attractive" to me means that he has given it more thought at other times. People can ask "am I attractive" and a therapist may say yes(still not ok) but for a therapist to say you are very attractive crosses the line.
Quote:
Today, I talked to him about my concerns about boundaries possibly getting blurred. He expressed that the line that won’t get crossed is having sexual contact. I kept saying that I felt like there should be a line before that, but he basically said that as long as whatever he shares is to help me, it’s ok, and nothing is off limits for me to share. I was like, “maybe we’re defining sexual contact differently, because in my mind there’s a lot of things people can do without having sexual contact.” I don’t know if he fully understood what I meant, so I’m still a little confused and will def need to talk about it more at my next session.
So he wont admit that what he said was wrong and instead has chosen to tell you how you shouldnt feel and redefine what crossing the line means? That sounds very manipulative to me.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, precaryous, Quietmind 2, SummerTime12, susannahsays