View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2020 at 05:08 AM

Thank you for all the wonderful posts on this thread. My heart goes out to all the people who are losing income due to Covid-19.

One of my jobs was not badly effected by the virus. My job with VIPKID (teaching English to Chinese students) actually got busier (I am paid $10 or $11 for each one-half hour class). My Chinese students have told me they are back in school now (perhaps this varies depending on where you live in China, I teach students all over the country.) With the students in school, they mostly take classes between 7 PM and 9 PM (occassionally, they will take a class between 6 PM and 7 PM). When it is 7 PM in China, it is 7 AM EST, so this job would only suit people who like to get up early in the morning; however, it is a job that you can do from home.

To work for this company, you need a bachelors degree and some teaching experience. I did not pass my trial class on the first attempt (it took multiple attempts. ) but I really enjoy working for this company now and the income is needed. My students provide me positive interaction that puts me in a good mood everyday! Some of the feedback I have received (translated from Chinese) includes:
Kids love it. Actively guides children to open there mouths. Kids love it. A patient and attentive teacher. A super patient teacher. Very patient and meticulous guidance, expand a lot of extended knowledge. Children like it very much. Teacher that the child likes says that the teacher is funny in class and will expand knowledge in class. Active guidance in class. A favorite teacher. Children like it. Teacher good at teaching. Good teacher, serious and enthusiastic. A very patient and careful teacher, very responsible.
Of course, it feels good to get feedback like this and I am getting it more regularly than I did last year (in June, I will have been with the company for one year) because I am getting better and better at the job the more I teach.

Anyways, just wanted to mention this job opportunity because I know there are people out there that need jobs. This one is only part time but a little income is better than none. Today, I have classes at 7 AM, 8 AM and 8:30 AM and am looking forward to seeing my students. I do not feel isolated when I have students I see everyday!
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Have Hope