View Single Post
insanity2000

Member Since Jul 2019
Default Mar 23, 2020 at 10:41 AM

Hello,

Relatively new here still. This topic is also fairly mew to me. I originally went for a psych eval about 9 years ago for memory loss while in the military. They said I had right side issues but never dug any deeper because I went downhill from there, medically discharged, etc, etc. Now, I have neen diagnosed with chronic PTSD and anxiety. Anyway, the last month I've been experiencing some unsettling hallucinations, both visual and auditory. A bird of mine died and the next day I walked up to her cage and was petting and talking to her...until my wife reminded me noone was there. That was scary. More auditory though. These voices are so persistent that my wife has pulled me from beating my head on the wall. I think it's just the fact they are there that's scaring me and I don't know what's wrong. I told the psychiatrist. He doesn't believe it's psychosis and it may just be the PTSD. I'm not sure everything is based around this but I'm not a doctor. My memory of past situations is so bad. I don't remember the situations. For example, I dont remember much of my childhood at all but I was recently told a babysitter abused me at a young age. I remember plates being thrown at doors and someone arguing but nothing actually causing it. Military as well and that was most recent for years active duty. These voices are saying "go" and "they're gone". I don't even know what that means, the voice isn't familiar. It freaks me out.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot

My meds right now are: duloxetine, quetiapine, topiramate, lorazepam

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Breaking Dawn, Goforward, SlumberKitty, Sometimes psychotic

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Breaking Dawn, ShaneG