View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM

There are settings on most of the apps to hide yourself, so you don't see yourself, just the other person.

I'm vain so I love looking at myself, lol.

I'm GenX; I remember a time before cell phones and social media, etc., but even when it was invented I loved video calls from the start. I was always so far from my family that when we got Skype it was great to finally see my parents, even by video.

However, while I am okay with a video call with providers, phone calls with providers are very uncomfortable and hard for me, for other reasons, so I do understand not being comfortable communicating with a provider in different ways. Since we're constrained by a world event I would say just try to take deep breaths. You could even explain when the call starts that it's uncomfortable for you so they are just aware of your discomfort and can help you through it.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, possum220, WovenGalaxy, ~Christina