precaryous
Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2020 at 05:26 PM

@SummerTime12
It’s understandable having strong feelings when a T discloses something like that.
It makes me wonder how many of his other clients hear similar disclosures from him? Would it change your feelings toward him if you knew he is that unethical with many of his other clients?

I’m also curious about his age and level of training? Is he an M.D., Ph.D., ? I wonder if he’s ever had board complaints/disciplines made against him for unethical conduct? In many states you can search his board online to see if he has been disciplined by his governing body.

I’ve read experts say that where there is one exploitation victim, there are usually others.

He is exploiting you, Summer. He’s not allowed to use you to get his ‘jollies’ or needs met. I’m not sure which issues brought you to therapy but I feel confident saying I feel his unguarded answers are derailing why you sought therapy in the first place.

This is not going anywhere good. Please find another therapist for, at least, a consultation about your T. Would you be willing to do that?
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, missbella, Quietmind 2, SlumberKitty, SummerTime12