View Single Post
Atypical_Disaster
Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2020 at 02:14 PM

Thank you for posting this. Smiles. I came across it at the perfect time as I’ve been thinking about the role of roles, as it were. Especially in regards to a friend that has been fighting with me for the better part of a year now. Quite obviously, I’m looking for something I may be missing and her and I are both trauma victims who both like to deny the impacts of said trauma. Ha ha, that didn’t end well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bide View Post
Thank you for this!

In addition to taking on those roles, I can recognize displacement of them at the same time, setting up 'actors' in the dialogue between the roles. It's hard to explain... using toys to express it as a child would be similar, but how that evolves into adulthood...

I wonder if it is useful to associate the three roles in that triangle with the enneagram 'centers':

Enneagram Gut Center - Perpetrator

Concerned with: Justice

Seeking: Autonomy

Underlying Issue: Anger

Enneagram Feeling Center - Rescuer

Concerned with: Image

Seeking: Attention

Underlying Issue: Shame

Enneagram Thinking Center - Victim

Concerned with: Strategies

Seeking: Security

Underlying Issue: Fear

Enneagram Centers of Intelligence - Enneagram Explained

The idea is that everyone has a 'core' identity in one of the centers, but incorporates all of them at one time or another.

That seems to fit well.

This got my attention, I love the Enneagram and have been reading/otherwise studying it on and off for a few years now. I want to think about this more, I have plenty of ideas about this kind of thing floating around...
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Open Eyes