View Single Post
ARaven0137
Veteran Member

Member Since Feb 2020
359 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2020 at 05:24 AM

Definitely! I haven't spoken to them since shortly after he was arrested. His mom is probably the least dysfunctional of all, but even she drinks to excess. It was sad to watch and hear about the dysfunction, but it's not my mess to clean up. The family is five boys and the youngest two are disabled, one physically and one mentally. Both parents are alcoholic. Whenever L goes off, the dad and one of the older brothers beat him up and there's a cycle of throwing him out and taking him back. I do hear things through the grapevine of mutual friends and I'm happy to keep that distance. The mom's English isn't great and I don't think she has a clue what BPD is or even how to approach it.

Even away from home I got dozens of wacky videos. Just for my own mental exercise I'm trying to differentiate what behaviors are BPD and what might be cultural. The family definitely has a "woman's place is in the home to make babies and have no life beyond her man or opinions of her own" stance. Which again leads me to "pick a woman more suited to your tastes and beliefs" because I ain't that.

Oh dear heavens, I just watched a video that I can't unsee!

Last edited by ARaven0137; Mar 27, 2020 at 05:40 AM..
ARaven0137 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
giddykitty, medievalbushman