Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 27, 2020 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
When I read your previous posts I actually felt impressed and inspired. Like the way you made a new work area. I have freelance work and it is actually important I push it along. But, you know, I am the only one to hold myself accountable. But when I heard what you were doing I thought, "She is really responding well, very proactively." Unfortunately yesterday I gave into my anxiety.

Anyway I just wanted you to know your actions have had a really positive impact on me.

I am sure it is your husband's anxiety that is keeping him glued to the news. Let's hope he gets bored with it. I mean one can "catch up" but after that...one is really just a media audience. Media loves it when they have something meaty to report on. It is TMI.

Thanks again. I am happy you are doing well and your actions can encourage others to practice self-care all day every day.
Aw, that's nice to hear! I have to tell you that creating my own work space, suited to my needs, really made a huge difference. I am able to close the doors in order to concentrate and hold calls, and I use the sounds of soothing ocean waves in the background to relax me. It really works!!!!

And yes, he prob is glued to the TV because of his own anxieties. He's going to do what he's going to do, however. At least he's in the other room so I am not disturbed while I work. That's most important to me right now... I cannot lose my job, and there's always a chance of that when there's a downturn in the economy.

So, yes, make your space cozy and suitable for you to work in, and do whatever it is that will soothe your anxieties the most while you work.... relaxing music, meditative sounds, etc.

~4 Non Blondes

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, DechanDawa, guilloche, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
DechanDawa