Member Since Jan 2009
7,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2020 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
@sarahsweets

Hmm. To be honest, I don't know about this empath thing. Is being an empath real? I'm not saying you, but I do know that a lot of people like to make assumptions about how people are feeling - or thinking, even the kind of character they are - based solely, in my opinion, on the way a person looks. Which is never accurate.

Maybe what the apparent empath is really doing is looking at the person first - their face, their expression, appearance, mannerisms etc., - and then allowing the discriminating mind - and the mind does discriminate in terms of likes and dislikes - to make an assumption about how the person is feeling. Is that correct? You have to look at the person first? Because I see people doing that all the time. And you might hear someone say "I don't like the vibe that guy is putting out" or "I don't like the look of that guy" - and then 99% of the time the guy turns out to be a really good guy, down to earth and content. But the ''empath" person goes away thinking, "Is that what it is?

If that's the case then it's an illusion. Sorry.

Sometimes I will see a person but more times than not I am not looking at anybody. It can be a group or individuals. I have no wish to read another person feelings. I have never studied what people body movements say. Somehow I get cloaked with another persons feelings. They can even be in the next room.

Yass! My powers of intuition and empathy have helped me to see the hidden reality, yet again". Never have I come away rejoicing. It can be a very cruel thing to deal with. I have enough of my own emotions to deal with. Other people's stuff is an added burden which causes dissociation and at other times numbness in my heart.

Never have I thought I am better than others.

Theorize all you like but until you have been there you dont understand.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul