~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2020 at 08:42 AM

I have seen People that are working and receive it if they are missing lots of work for IP or being written up at work because of missing shifts or poor quality of work. and I have seen people turned down because they actually have a job no matter if its hanging on by a thread or not

I agree with Bird Dancer that your wife needs to go to an appt or 2 so she can hear from a professional what is going on and hopefully she will realize that you are really struggling and its dangerous for you to continue working right now.

There is no harm in applying , Its really not a complicated process, you fill out some paperwork, there is a section where you can write the struggles you have and included are papers to sign so they request your medical records. Alot of people are turned down when first apply, many are approved first go around also.. If not then you need to appeal.. the time for a decision can vary from state to state depending on back log, I do feel with the corona virus might have more people applying..

I hope your wife can really see your struggle and become more supportive

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Crook32