Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2020 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
Are there meaningful things you can do that don't require leaving the house? It sucks to not be able to go to your favorite places. Maybe you can somehow channel your inner hermit or find an engrossing project?

I feel like this sounds awful, but I keep thinking of how differently I'd have experienced this if it had been during the time when I was living by myself and single and childless. I wouldn't have had to put so much energy into being there for someone else. Right now, I feel I'm exerting so much energy into being there for my D, plus doing work, that I don't have much time left for anything else. If it had been just me, then I could have engaged in all sorts of things. Tonight I thought I might do an online Paint Nite or Trivia Night, but stuff going on with my D kept me from doing either of those things.

I do have the guinea pigs as something else to focus on. I suppose I feel that I have less time for things now that this is going on, as opposed to more. And much less time to myself. Which is all a struggle, being an introvert.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2