Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Mar 29, 2020 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrained04 View Post
Trying to my best to deal with this whole pandemic situation. My anxiety has been pretty bad. Periodically bursting into tears. Currently I am still working, as I work in healthcare. Fortunately I work in a speciality where people tend to cancel their appointment if they're sick lol. I'm scared to go to work though, but also scared to not work and not get paid. I feel physically ill from anxiety every day while I'm at work. Keep spacing out, almost like how I've experienced derealization but not quite. We are seeing a very small amount of patients. I have had to cut all our employee's hours. Everyone in our practice have taken a pay decrease. Just trying to float this out. At least we are doing our part to keep our patients out of the ER by staying open.

I have to go to the grocery store today to get a few things. I'm anxious about it. I will go this morning when they open. I'd rather stay home. Keeping my son home. I will not allow him to go places with me.
Hi!

I have no idea as to how people working in health care are continuing so courageous. I totally respect all you are doing to help patients and helping to take some stress off of the ER as well.

the episodes of derealization types of experiences aren't surprising considering the overwhelming degree of stress involved. Are you able to ground yourself? There are some grounding exercises on youtube if interested.

It's often even more stressful for the (practice manager?) management.

I imagine continuing to work in heath care at this time might require using every coping skill ever learned?

I am sorry you are going through this.

I want to tell you you are a hero in many ways and I thank you for your courage and your dedication. I hope you and your son are safe and continue healthy!

We are here for you!
With Love and Admiration

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Sunflower123, Wander, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Innerzone, Nammu, Wander, ~Christina