View Single Post
Terabithia
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2014
47 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM

Thank you, Open Eyes. I wish there was something I could say to help him see how judgemental this outlook is, but then again, I think he knows he’s being judgemental and doesn’t see anything wrong with it. I guess being judgemental is a characteristic that I, ironically, am very judgemental about. I wonder, does he think he’s superior or inferior to me, and why. What values are he using to place these judgements? He also uses words like week and soft in describing some people. It just worries me. Is there anything I can tell him that might reach him?

I don’t know that I agree with you about the educational system, because it was just as competitive when I was growing up. I compare myself with others sometimes, but when I go in a room or when I meet someone, the first thing I’m doing is not deciding where I am in rank. It’s just the last thing on my mind. I actually go into a room and think, where’s a comfortable spot to be where I don’t have to socialize too much. And when I have conversations, I respect people’s opinions, without thinking of whether or not they are better than me. Now, that I think of it, judging by his arrogant and sarcastic attitude with me in conversation, he must think he’s superior to me.

Thank you so much for your input, and I hope you will write back
Terabithia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote