View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 29, 2020 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
Have you tried Aloo Matar before? Depending on the Indian restaurant, they may or may not put garlic in it. I like it both with and without garlic.

Sample recipe w/o garlic:
Instant Pot Aloo Matar - Cook With Manali

It's also super healthy yet filling at the same time. Only veggies and spices are used.

You can also make Channa Masala without garlic. For example, this recipe uses a very tiny bit of ginger-garlic paste (which is 50% garlic and 50% ginger, as you would guess)... and you could definitely omit the garlic without actually "ruining" the dish:
Chana masala recipe | How to make chana masala

I know they're vegetarian, but they are so flavorful and filling. (That's probably why they're so popular across India.) Great for maintaining a healthy diet. Only problem is that you'll need some garam masala. You're better off buying the pre-ground powder because the individual spices typically come in bulk and are VERY expensive (because some are kinda rare compared to other spices, I think). It's also not easy to grind yourself even if you do buy the individual spices. But I think most regular grocery stores are starting to sell garam masala. I got a 16oz box at an Indian grocery mart for like $4 and it's lasted me 4 years at this point. Still have tons left in there, too.
Thanks so much, bluebicyle! I will look into these. Luckily, there are Indian grocery shops within 20 minutes of me. I rarely go that direction, but that's obviously pretty close.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, bpcyclist, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote, ~Christina