underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2020 at 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
The food bank I’ve been volunteering at called—not enough food on hand to use their volunteers (just staff from now on) or enough money to keep the branch near me open. They’ll call if things change.

I’ll miss it, not least because it got me out on an “essential” task. But also because so many people really really need that food right now, more even than usual.
Our big food bank also closed down to volunteers - my shifts were cancelled. They are more in need of money right now.
In my neighborhood, we have a lot of these things called little libraries where people have put boxes in their yards for books and other people can go by and take them (I got rid of a lot of my person's paperbacks that way) =now they are being turned into tiny little food deposits where you can drop off canned or boxed goods and people in the neighborhood who need food can just go take what ever is there.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, chihirochild, feralkittymom, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, SlumberKitty, WarmFuzzySocks