View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2020 at 02:21 AM

I am sorry about your husband--you will see him again someday.

IMO paranoia comes from a sense of fear--our body's fight or flight response.

Perhaps overcoming fear is a little different for everyone but I have definitely had paranoia at times. Since my 2015 nervous breakdown, I have been slowly learning to accept the things I cannot control. Late last year, I surrendered to the fear and began trusting that I am protected and that if something bad happens, it is for my highest good. So I have not been fearful for a while allowing me to see things more clearly. I achieved this through reading and viewing spiritual/philosophical information. I try to consume more uplifting information -- I am limiting how much I listen to all the COVID-19 news. If I feel myself becoming irritated by someone, I take a break from them. I have learned what I can control and realize that I have no control over others and that is a good thing--it is their life--I am learning to stay in my own lane. Lately when I take that the break, I am able to get a nap. When I am tired, I am less patient and more prone to negativity, so I have learned to pick up better on when I am tired. I am lucky that my schedule allows me plenty of rest. Also, I have improved my meditation to the point that the meditation is one of the ways I am able to have much less insomnia than I used to have--lately, when I meditate, I feel like, much of the time, I can slow down my heart rate and thoughts. Keeping myself calm through whatever means necessary (positve information consumption, prayer, meditation, straightforward communication with loved ones, medications, etc.) has become a priority in my life. If we can keep ourselves calm and trust that everything happens for a reason then we will be better able to spread love instead of fear. Knowing we are loved is the best protection from paranoia that I know.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bharani1008

Thanks for this!
LilyMop