View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2020 at 06:58 AM

This sounds so familiar. Perhaps I gave someone benefit of the doubt as she had underlying health problems (epilepsy). Got friendly with her at work. Everything okay for the first few months, then noticed every conversation revolved around her, husband and daughters. When I mentioned how my niece was doing at school, the subject was quickly changed back to her daughters.

Turning point was a male colleague asking why I was friendly with her. We had a great relationship so he felt able to comment without offending me. That was the eye-opener. One day he said something to her that she didn't like, so threatened to report him. Wanted my support, but I genuinely hadn't heard what he'd said. Then accused me of taking his side. What he said fairly innocuous; her problem she could dish out but not accept. Needless to say, she didn't report him.

Went out socially with her and another colleague. The last time, noticed her bad language. Everything she said liberally splattered with f bombs! Began to distance myself then. Nights out dwindled because other (nice) colleague left the company. Then I lost my job. Fast forward eight months. Couldn't avoid this woman in local shopping centre. Walked towards me with arms wide open whilst talking on the phone. Totally dismayed when I stepped to one side. Was also supposed to wait until she'd finished her call. Made my excuses and left...

Not heard from her since that day, so yes, it was all still about her!

Thanks for this!
Have Hope