View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2020 at 10:04 AM

I've always thought it is possible to be treated in a cold manner if you associate with a toxic person, even if you don't treat others or have a bad attitude towards others yourself. I had experiences in the past where I was with someone who turned out to have a real attitude problem and, the more I got to know the person, the more I started to see how the person was toxic. Anytime the person gave someone else an attitude or treated someone rude, I noticed that, just by association, I would be treated in a cold manner by whoever the toxic person was rude to. Then, as soon as I stopped hanging out with the toxic person, those who used to be standoffish with me were suddenly nicer and warm towards me.

This is another good reason to not be around toxic, two faced people that some people mistakenly call friends or even other family members. And anyone can be standoffish, even those with more authority. Once in college, I was hanging out with someone who I thought was a true friend. But the more I got to know her, the more I started to realize how rude and toxic she was. She even went as far as to give a security guard a mouth just because he politely asked us not to hang out close to a pond for safety reasons. It was discovered later on that many many years ago, someone died in the pond after having a medical emergency and no one could find the person for awhile. Pretty sad and scary. The person I used to be friends with didn't care and said that if she wants to be by the pond, then she will and doesn't give a crap what others say.

That made me exceptionally uncomfortable since giving someone with that much authority is typically a big no-no. I noticed for a short period while I associated with the toxic person, that the person with authority appeared to be a bit unfriendly towards me. Not rude, but just a bit cold. As soon as I stopped hanging out with the toxic "friend" I was suddenly treated better by the security guard. He was suddenly more friendly and warm. We attended a small college so it was super obvious when someone was no longer hanging out with another person. My college was smaller than my high school and it's even built like a high school.

I've had other similar experiences where I may be with someone, that person is rude to someone else and just by association, I get the cold shoulder or a attitude even if I didn't treat someone rude myself and never would. There has been times where if I am with someone who is rude, I will silently mouth sorry to whoever was the recipient of the rude behavior. It is uncomfortable to be in that situation. I've stopped hanging out with people who treat others that way especially in public because it's embarrassing and I don't want to associate with that. Has anyone ever have this experience? Have you ever stopped hanging out with someone because of how they treat others especially in public? It is not pleasant to be around someone who makes a fool of themselves by being rude and having others see you associating with them.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
unaluna