View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 31, 2020 at 12:36 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I've experienced episodes of sleep paralysis for many years... not so much though as I've gotten older. For many of those years I had no idea what was going on. I just knew it was terrifying. Over time I learned to focus my attention on the index finger of my right hand. And once I could move that one finger, the sleep paralysis would dissipate.

I vividly recall one dream I used to have. I had an aunt & uncle who had a long paved driveway that emptied onto a busy street. In the dream I would roll down the driveway into the street. And I'd be unable to move to get out of the way of the oncoming traffic. Fortunately the oncoming traffic never seemed to get close enough to hit me.

A few years ago, in our local newspaper I think it was, I read that if you sleep on your back you're more likely to experience episodes of sleep paralysis. Over the years I've become almost entirely a side sleeper. I don't know if that's part of the reason I don't experience episodes of sleep paralysis much anymore. But if you have a tendency to sleep on your back, you might try sleeping more on your side & see if it helps.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LiteraryLark

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark