View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,527 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2020 at 07:30 PM

CF17, I suspect most people in this country feel like things are falling apart. Probably because they are falling apart. Add to that you're in the epicenter here in the US, boy howdy!

I too battle depression. Isolating and not making contact with other people feeds my depression. Like much of the country I am working from home. I live alone so I go for days without seeing other people. It wears on me. Some things I'm doing that help...

I'm talking to people (friends) on the phone more than usual. It's not the same as face-to-face contact, but at least I get to communicate with another human being.

I'm a reader. I'm focusing on books that really grab my attention. Doesn't do anything for the loneliness, but it distracts me so I can't ruminate.

I make sure to get outside and do something physical every day. Not sure if you can do that in New York. I live on 10 acres in the middle of the boonies. I go out and do chores, feed livestock, work in the garden.

I don't believe we can completely eliminate our concerns. What is going on in the world right not is scary. I believe the best we can do is control it. Like any other emotion if we try to deny it or squash it, we'll just feel worse. Maybe give yourself permission to be scared would help?
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CF17, Nammu, sadp8r

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, CF17, sadp8r