View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 02:29 AM

Yes, absolutely. I have first hand experience with this but in a slightly different twist. There's a string of people associated with my long term partner who give me the cold shoulder.. or better yet, "the eye" even when they're being "friendly" to me. It's odd. I'm a good person and I find my partner to be quite toxic. Some of his associates are friendlier towards me when he's not around, and some are friendlier towards me when he is around.. but they all have that same look. He's not a good person. He's very insecure and his biggest concern in life is to maintain an image. He wants people to believe he's a nice and friendly guy but really, I'm starting to believe he's a bit of a sociopath. Sounds harsh but when reading the descriptions, I see him in it. The lack of empathy, the chronic lying, the pleasure in someone else's misfortunes, the gossips, the gaslighting, the blame, the self-perceived victim, the manipulations, etc. I think he's been trying to sabotage my reputation for some time.. little by little.. trying to convince me he loves me and I'm just "jealous", "paranoid", "controlling", "insecure", etc.. which gets passed around. Truth is, he's been describing himself and taking me down along the way. It's a form of isolation.. abuse. He doesn't want me to leave. He's scared being alone.. codependency issues.. he's leaned on me for financial support, reputation building, comfort/security,.. and worst of all, he's used me to have children with. Sad.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
winter4me

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15