View Single Post
CF17

Member Since May 2017
130 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatoes View Post
For the past week have been off work due shelter in place order and it has helped to make daily goals each day to include simple goal of, take a shower. Also do a structured activity for one or more hour of study for recertification test and make a goal of walking my dog 30 minutes or more. It helps to call a friend or family member at least every few days. Still, it’s a struggle since I’m single and do have my dog who is great company and a wonderful companion.

As of Friday will start working from home so that will certainly provide structure to my routine.
Hi Zapatoes,

I'm pleased to hear that you are making the best out of this ordeal.

I agree with calling friends, though I'm very cautious because since everyone else is also struggling, they (sometimes) can make you feel even worse. For example, I have a friend who owns his own house, healthy and fit, had tons of savings, properties, but every time I talk to him all I hear is: "we are all going to perish and starve." So, talking to him is really frustrating because he is selfish (he doesn't like to help others) and ungrateful. But people who lift you up and those who truly care about you are really important.

I have to structure activities too, you are right about that. The simple little actions as a shower, walking the dog, study, these are the life saviors right there at the moment. I'm happy that I wasn't wrong all this time and others share this same mindset.

Enjoy working from home, I'm working only a few hours a week but it is a great distraction. Don't forget to prepare a clean, neat, comfortable environment with plenty of light snacks and your favorite beverages.

Thanks!
Be safe and well!
CF17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote