View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 06:55 AM

Hello there. First off, I am so very sorry that you were sexually abused -- how horrible and awful for you. I know how incredibly scarring that is on a person.

Secondly, I think your issue is more complex and not so simple black and white because of your past history with sexual abuse. I am not going to advise that you up and leave your girlfriend because of the sexual attraction part. I mean, if the abuse were not there I would say, yes, it sounds like you're just plain not sexually attracted. But.....

is it possible that because sexual feelings have become foggy for you and due to the past sexual abuse, that maybe you are suppressing your sexual attraction and needs?

I am not a therapist, and none of us here are, but I think it's best to speak with a therapist further about this issue before making any decisions because I think it's more complicated than meets the eye. I think it may be good to explore with a therapist those foggy sexual feelings and what has happened to you in order to come to any real conclusion about your sexual feelings. And because it's happened with another girlfriend, I think it's possible that you bury/ignore/suppress your own sexuality. Possibly.

Also, I wouldn't advise making any strong conclusions about a relationship when thrown into 24/7 togetherness during a global crisis, and when fighting results. These are very tough times on everyone, couples included, and fighting is a very natural result of too much togetherness right now.

Just my two cents!

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Purple Heart