Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF17 View Post
Hi Zapatoes,

I'm pleased to hear that you are making the best out of this ordeal.

I agree with calling friends, though I'm very cautious because since everyone else is also struggling, they (sometimes) can make you feel even worse. For example, I have a friend who owns his own house, healthy and fit, had tons of savings, properties, but every time I talk to him all I hear is: "we are all going to perish and starve." So, talking to him is really frustrating because he is selfish (he doesn't like to help others) and ungrateful. But people who lift you up and those who truly care about you are really important.

I have to structure activities too, you are right about that. The simple little actions as a shower, walking the dog, study, these are the life saviors right there at the moment. I'm happy that I wasn't wrong all this time and others share this same mindset.

Enjoy working from home, I'm working only a few hours a week but it is a great distraction. Don't forget to prepare a clean, neat, comfortable environment with plenty of light snacks and your favorite beverages.

Thanks!
Be safe and well!

The same thing happened when I called a longtime old friend. She didn't seem anxious but rather totally ignorant of what was going on. She didn't appear to be adhering to the distancing rules for her state. She was totally consumed with the inane minor inconveniences in her life. It struck me that she was totally narcissistic and I never realized it more than now when this crisis highlights such things.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
*Beth*