View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 06:11 PM

After Covid 19 I think I will be less dependent on mindless activities...such as, going to Target because I'm bored, browsing in bookshops and antique shops, and going to (senior discounted) movies. I will probably spend more time outdoors which is free and healthy. I think generally I will be less oriented towards consumption and more oriented towards nature.

In 2020 I started dieting so stopped going out to eat and stopped buying take-out. I also stopped buying coffee out because I make better coffee at home.

I felt I was ordering too much from Amazon in 2019 and already vowed to stop in 2020. It is hard because I am sort of addicted to Amazon but now I am severely short on cash. I ordered dry goods (groceries) from Amazon and they were too expensive. I will probably (next week) start picking up boxes from a local food pantry free for seniors, as I am now strapped for cash. I paid my rent but really money is very tight now.

Today I heard on the radio that social distance is going to be turned on and off in the future...as there may be new viral surges. It is very hard to be socially distant. When I go out I usually talk to everyone...and strangers often strike up conversations with me. A couple times a week I would go to my satellite library and talk with the librarians. But I think social distancing will be the "new normal." It's sad. But I was already kind of germaphobic...and I am high risk so absolutely do not want to get any strain of coronavirus that comes down the pike.

What do others think will be the "new normal"?

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote