View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Apr 01, 2020 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Still with the 8mg. What a relief, to be without the sharp, spinning anxiety. I will talk with my pdoc on Friday; I'm hoping she'll raise the dose to 10 or 12. The reason I'm hoping for that is because I still experience a low level of anxiety that I believe the Trilafon can help bring down to "normal" anxiety.

The only disappointing symptom is that I do crave sugar. It's a difficult symptom to live with - but I'll still take it over the manic anxiety.
sorry to hear that. APs can definitely cause sugar cravings...

One interesting thing one of my pdocs told me... Sometimes people are more "ravenous" when they take meds that lessen their anxiety. Basically, when the patient was experiencing crippling anxiety, that anxiety would affect (typically suppress) their appetite to a degree and then the patient would adapt their eating habits to match the lowered appetite. Then when an anxiolytic (or whatever med) is introduced, the hunger comes back and the body is not used to metabolizing as much food, because it had adapted to the lower caloric intake. So... BAM, weight gain.

Now the worst part is that antipsychotics in general cause sugar cravings, so it's like an additional thing you have to deal with.

But anyways, I don't have any sources that talk about anxiety and weight gain/loss, because I am just repeating what one of my pdocs told me. However, that's what I was told and it kinda makes sense to me. I mean, when some people are anxious or depressed, they don't eat. So, it's natural to expect that someone may feel "hungrier" when they're not as anxious, because that anxiety is no longer suppressing the appetite.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*