View Single Post
jcl76

Member Since Jan 2013
Default Apr 01, 2020 at 09:41 PM

Very interesting. I say that because I was in the SAME situation where I wanted to quit after 3 months. I felt it wasnt making a difference.

Well....I kept at and finally looked back days before I started and I saw some "progress'. I was a little different in a good way. That was all I needed to keep going. My DR said in the beginning I am looking at about 2 years. At the time I was 35, so I said ok by the time I am 37 all is well. I am proof it works if you stay with it.

I hear you say that you are "still" having outburst as isnt solved 'Now" focus on where you used to be and where you are after you keep at it.

Trust me almost all BPDs struggle with "nothings changing" and want to quit.

The freedom in the end is more than you can imagine and SO WORTH IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
I haven’t been on these forums in over a year, but I just felt compelled to post tonight. I have been in DBT therapy for about 3 months now. I just wanted to talk about the ups and downs and see if others diagnosed with BPD feel the same way I do.
I have recently been thinking about quitting because I feel like it’s not making a difference. I still get upset easily. I’m still having outbursts on family and friends. I’m still struggling with self image. I could go on.
However, my mom and my husband are seeing a difference. They said I seem less out of control and more able to calm down.
My question is: is it normal to want to quit and to be frustrated even when others tell you they see a difference? I just wish it would work faster. I’m tired of it being so difficult to regulate myself.
jcl76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote