Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Has anyone experienced trusting someone in helping you get something done or confiding in something personal, only for them to reveal whatever you confided in them or messed something up? And if it happened, did you accept the responsibility but mentally decide to not trust them again? I know I've had the experience of getting something done, and someone offers to help me or even complete it. Then later on, I find out they either didn't follow through or messed up in a way which would get me in trouble. I would accept responsibility but mentally decide to not allow someone to complete something again so I don't get in trouble. In a similar way, if it is a case where someone, for whatever reason, does go to complete something I was asked to do, usually chores, I will make sure there is no mistakes or that whatever needed done is done.

Same thing for confiding in someone, usually someone I considered a friend, about something. I may tell them something that is bothering me, nothing serious. Nothing like self harm or suicide, never ever. But it would still be something that is bothering me. I would trust that they don't tell anyone, only to find out they told someone who I didn't think needed to know and may have even been lectured because of it. In that instance, I usually decide to not trust them as well, which is way more common. I've never gotten in trouble at work, I wouldn't dare trust my coworkers to complete something for me. Heck no. But in instances outside of work, it has happened. I hate to sound paranoid but I'd rather make sure someone actually follows through with their promise or I do it myself rather than get in trouble.
yes it happens to me before. I understand how you feel.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15