Thread: So frustrated.
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Apr 02, 2020 at 05:47 PM

So from December to February I was fasting. At first, if my back pained me a little i probably would have just assumed it was from normal wear and tear. But about 3 weeks into fasting I made an appointment with my doctor. Didn't find any cause for it. Around mid January I asked for a referral to a spine doctor because of the pain.. Eventually after a night I thought I was going to throw up.. and at the urging of a doctor.. in late February, I stopped fasting.

The change was immediate. Within about 12 hours I felt massively better. So for a month I ate three meals a day and snacks and I haven't had back pain in 30 days. So yesterday I decided I would try fasting again. I didn't go crazy. I only did a 16 hour fast.

But this morning on the way into work I felt like my back was out of sorts. By the end of the day I was having the same kind of deep deep pain in my upper back. I don't know how to describe it.

- It isn't like it goes away when I get support. It is basically always there.
- It comes and goes fast. 12 hours can make a difference.
- It is like I lose all padding in my back. I can feel every bone and movement.
- The pain is at my bra strap. At first I thought it was the bra irritating it but it isn't.

So I know your saying... well don't fast... I get it but I just feel like this cannot be normal. I should be able to go without eating for more than 12 hours without crippling back pain. And I want to know what the issue is. I have found people who had back pain when fasting but, it just seems like it shouldn't be happening.

Plus, how am I going to lose weight? It basically really helped with that. It is like my body fights me at every turn.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, Yaowen