Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2020 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am always suspicious of people who talk about themselves all the time. Self absorbed so to speak.

Now if it’s a therapy session that they pay for then it’s fine, but unless they pay me who has the time.

I once briefly dated a guy years ago, I couldn’t keep going out with him as he was a mess and I ended it, so when we dated I could put my phone down and he’d still be talking!

Most of his one sided conversations were about his boss, his “evil” mother and his “terrible” sister. Of course he was a victim and everyone was to blame.

So his sister (lovely woman btw) invited us and the bunch of family to a restaurant and in the middle of the dinner she says to him loudly “not everything is about you” because he’d not shut up going on on on about himself and how great he was.

I about fell of the chair when she said that. Lol
Oh yes.. the self absorbed personality!!! I know several of these types of people!

I went on a date once with a musician a few years back. He talked non-stop, literally, for three hours straight all about himself, his life, his life goals, his work and his recent divorce. I could not get a word in edge-wise! Granted, after that, it was the one and only date we had. Then we later on had a few friendly chats over text, and it was all the same... walls of endless text, all about HIM. Never once did he ask me how I was doing, and if he did, he would respond only briefly and then turn the conversation right back to himself. It was most maddening. Suffice it to say, that lasted a short while, with only a few such texts before I finally said bye bye and stopped communicating altogether.

It is sooo annoying when all someone can discuss is themselves, and most especially maddening when they are clueless about how bored and annoyed the other person becomes!!!!! This type of person has zero personal insight and zero emotional social intelligence.

~4 Non Blondes