View Single Post
StupidityTries

Member Since Mar 2020
5 hugs
given
Default Apr 03, 2020 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feileacan View Post
So, if she doesn't have any specific postgraduate training in psychodynamic therapy (requiring at least 3 years after post-licensure) then she is not a psychodynamic therapist. She might be interested in psychodynamics but that's it.

In order to become a proper psychodynamic therapist who actually knows what she does, she needs to go through, as I wrote, additional dedicated training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, which typically lasts at least 3-4 years and that in addition to theoretical studies also involves her own personal therapy for several year and doing study cases under the supervision of an experienced psychodynamic therapist.

Based on what you wrote, she is just a beginner master's level therapist who has no expertise what so ever in psychodynamics. No wonder she failed so miserably.
Thank you for this, it really helps frame the experience for me. I’m a few weeks removed from it now, and it all just seems like a bizarre nightmare to me that descriptions alone cannot do justice to, because the feelings evoked were so overwhelming.
StupidityTries is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote