Thread: So frustrated.
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Apr 03, 2020 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Back pain in general is frequently related in some way or other to the muscles that support the spinal column. To the degree those muscles are not strong, it leaves the door open to muscle strain & injuries to the spinal column itself such as bulging or even ruptured discs. (I actually have one myself.)
I have a similar theory. So you coming up with a similar idea makes me feel better.

But some people have made fun of me for it so I had put it out of my mind.

One of the goals of fasting is to deplete your glycogen stores. Once "sugar / glycogen" is gone, your body will switch over to burning fat. The two places that your body stores glycogen is your liver and your muscles. Usually you deplete the glycogen at about 14 to 16 hours of no food.

So it is my theory that the glycogen stores being depleted in the weak muscles cause the muscles to ache.

On a page talking about Glycogen Depletion in the muscles..I found that the feeling is of "Feeling of “Flatness” in Muscle Bellies.

Quote:
Muscle glycogen is stored in skeletal muscle, and along with that comes increased muscle volume due to mainly water being drawn into muscles. One way to judge whether or not you may be having glycogen depletion is to self-assess how the your muscles looks/feel compared to normal. A glycogen rich muscle often holds water, giving it a feeling of fullness and size (which can be a subjective measure nonetheless). If you are experiencing a feeling of flatness or depleted muscles (yes, as crazy as this sounds), it may be due to glycogen depletion."
Quote:
Role of glycogen in muscle fatigue

The most recognized theory for the association between low muscle glycogen levels and impaired contractile function is that glycogen is an essential substrate, the depletion of which results in a reduction in the rate of ATP regeneration. As a consequence, the muscle is unable to maintain an adequate global energy supply to one or more of the processes involved in excitation and contraction, leading to an inability to translate the motor drive into an expected force, i.e. fatigue develops.
The only problem that I see with this is how come when I am regular dieting (but eating like 800 calories) I don't have the problem. When, in theory, I probably can't lose fat without having most glycogen gone?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote