View Single Post
Stronger
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2014
483 hugs
given
Thumbs up Apr 03, 2020 at 08:09 PM

I'm currently in nursing school.

I started college in 2014 and just got into nursing school last fall. I had to drop out last fall because psych reasons, but the director of the nursing program worked with me to save me a spot in the spring cohort. So I started again this past January, and have 2 more years after this semester.
Since starting college, I have dropped out 3 times and taken a year off. Plus too many psych hospitalizations, ED treatment centers, and ECT. But I'm back now, and I plan to stay back, no matter what. Not even a pandemic can make me fail or drop out again!
(I'm literally fighting everyday to keep this mindset, lol!)

Dealing with mental illness does not mean you are less of a human. It just means you have to fight a little harder to do things that may come easier to most other people. And it certainly doesn't have to mean you can't follow your dreams.

I hope you move forward with your dream and don't give up.
You can do this.
I know you can do this, because you do hard things everyday. People with mental illness are forced to do hard things everyday.

Go get em girl!

Diagnoses:
MDD, BPD, PTSD, OCD, AN-BP

(I don't define myself by my personal alphabet up there, but I put it there so that maybe somebody won't feel so alone )
Stronger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1

Thanks for this!
bpforever1, Open Eyes