View Single Post
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2020 at 11:58 AM

First, I request NO mention whatsoever about the current ''stuff'' this world is going through since for some of us that is a trigger or at the very least a ''downer'' and constant reminder (do we need to keep being reminded on here too? I for one do not... ) to some of us when it is in so many posts and even titles. No offence to anyone intended.

A good friend said they have been more withdrawn lately, in fact two good friends have said that. I don't know if this post will help, maybe not. But I'm still here, just not reading much here any more

What are some ''helpful things'' or not so helpful things people tell us as to how we ''should cope'' with our depression, anxiety, CPTSD, ''mental health issues'' etc....

These people may or may not be well intentioned. Often their ''advice'' is simplistic in the extreme, not great with insight etc and sometimes not even respectful. This is NOT about anyone here. I am talking about people who are either completely clueless or who simply do not care.

A few to start with...

for someone with severe anxiety - ''just relax''

or someone with severe depression ''you should just cheer up, others have it much worse... I know someone who .... (maybe they then insert some triggering horror story and how that other person ''copes'') aka ''they just get on with it.
They just ''do things'' and they just keep smiling and do not burden anyone with any of their thoughts or their presence''

Sorry about the rant

I was/am hoping to get some discussion going here that is NOT about the current ''stuff'' as mentioned before ..

(if anyone mentions or alludes to that stuff it will not be responded to. That is just my request for THIS thread, there are many threads which have discussions about or mentions regarding that topic. I hope this is clear enough. I am not trying to be rude, I just do not have unlimited time to write long posts and to censor every word to make it completely perfect.... and who is perfect. Nobody

with much respect

Hugs from:
little turtle, mote.of.soul, Rohag, Skeezyks, T4bbyCat, Thirty shades, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
little turtle, mote.of.soul