View Single Post
CF17

Member Since May 2017
130 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2020 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
The Crisis Hotline is the greatest thing in my state. It was set up in response to rising suicidal rates nationally and in this state. So it is for anyone...not just suicidal...but anyone who feels like talking. It's free. If you call the National Suicide Prevention line the call will be routed to the crisis hotline geographically near you. It will always be for free. Of course using this you never get the same counselor twice. I call to get coping ideas and the crisis counselors I talk to are well trained. If you call a suicide prevention hotline and the counselor tells you that it "isn't therapy" they are being basically honest but also kind of rude. I mean, duh, people know it isn't therapy! I always state that I am calling to get help with coping skills and this works well. But depending on the counselor I get...it can spill over into a kind of therapy session. Calls should never go over 20 to 25 minutes...and especially now because the demand is quite high. Hope this helps.

My health care provider also provides crisis counseling. I have used that. I call and leave a message and someone calls me back. Again, it is never the same person and notes are filed in my medical record. It is also free with my membership.

I don't pay for therapy or counseling and don't have a regular therapist. It helps that I do DBT and CBT on my own.

GOOD LUCK. I hope you find a counselor to talk to. If you belong to a church there are probably staff on hand to talk to you right now. My church called me yesterday and someone read me a prayer and it was beautiful and very comforting.

PS I peeps. They aren't big sellers. After Easter the price gets drastically slashed (I guess they don't keep) so I will wait until then to stock up.

Very insightful! I just saw the message now because these past days have been crazy going after groceries. I heard about the crisis hotline but I never thought that these mini therapy sessions could be a possibility. I think that the fact that there are different counselors every time you call has a positive side because then you get different coping mechanisms and impressions. I will look into that because as I see the situation getting worse in my area, any money available should be directed to basic necessities. Paying for therapy (I have no insurance) right now sounds a little irresponsible...

Thank you for your advice, I hope that you are safe and well despite this. situation. And now I want to eat peeps too
CF17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
zapatoes