View Single Post
Purple Heart

Member Since Jul 2011
66 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2020 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Yes, do keep in mind that this is a very stressful time in our lives, for everyone. Being around one another 24/7 is HARD...... it can cause extra strain on a relationship that otherwise is not present.

Since you get triggered by the fights, I must ask: is your girlfriend domineering or abusive in any way?
Thanks for your comments. Relationships can be difficult especially when you've had an abusive background. My partner has a strong personality, is a bit stubborn and so likes to persuade me not to do things that may harm me. She can be a bit controlling but I think its related to wanting to keep me safe. For example recently we had a big fight since she didn't want me to go to a work gathering due to COVID19. But I tried to explain that the government's instructions (this was a month ago) was that we could meet with a limited number of people. But she wouldn't hear it and got quite angry with me for going out. So here she can be a bit controlling and I just thought I'm not going to accept her behaviour so I went to the work gathering. After things settled down she told me she got so upset due to the current environment and she doesn't want me to get COVID19. She was trying to indicate that she was caring for me. But outside this issue she can be more willing to accept differences of opinion.
Purple Heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote