View Single Post
Anonymous43918

Default Apr 05, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Sending hugs it definitely sounds like you're experiencing depression at some level. Like Blue said, sometimes depression worsens at certain times during the day. What coping skills do you have? What can you do to distract yourself? My thing right now is making paper airplanes, so it really can be ANYTHING to get your mind off of self harming. One thing that helps me not to self harm is keeping a counter of how long it's been since I cut. I use this app called Quit That! and actually just recently passed 200 days w/o SH. Pretty cool to know how long you've been clean from whatever problematic behaviors you engage in. I also use it to keep track of how long it's been since I did things like laundry, go to group, etc, but I'm getting a little off track.

I agree that things like squeezing ice can help if you're really about to SH, but again it's best to avoid getting there and use some more helpful coping skills like journaling or listening to music.
What can you do right now to improve your self care? Maybe a hot shower? Brush your teeth? Just something productive to help maybe not feel so awful
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Victoria'smom