View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Apr 05, 2020 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerzone View Post
Honestly, looking back over all the threads, those threads concerned with the topic are obvious by their titles. When words such as covid-19, corona virus, shelter-in-place, quarantine, in isolation, cooped up, the apocalypse, etc, appear, you can pretty well bet "the situation" will be the topic of conversation! If you don't want to read them, don't. It really is that simple.

Sure it may show up randomly from time to time elsewhere, and will also likely make some appearances in the check-in thread. Because it's world-wide, unprecedented, and the biggest event of most everyone's lifetime!

It's already clear in the titles.

Sorry to be so blunt, but sheesh, the solution is simple. No need to complicate it.

People already *are* using obvious titles.
Good points, Innerzone.

I think there's a difference between saying fear mongering things and things like "yeah, I'm quarantined at home. I'm bored. " I guess that's what I'm getting at. For example, talking about deaths, how it's ravaging people's bodies, etc.. I suppose I should have been more explicit on that, so I apologize.

I mean, on a personal level, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not getting triggered. But I can see how it would upset people if perhaps they had a pre-existing condition and someone else is going on and on and on about how COVID-19 is killing people with pre-existing conditions. I think that's just fueling their anxiety. (And I admit, I have done this myself and regret triggering people.)

I suppose this is why a COVID-19 thread like WC suggested would be a good solution. Lets people talk about death rates, pre-existing conditions, etc. in one place so that others aren't getting panicky.

People in the check-in thread really aren't talking about suicide anymore because there's now a thread for it (which is great!). I would assume that people would probably respect a COVID-19 thread and post their COVID-19 related talks in there rather than post things that are scaring people in the check-in thread. Believe me, people have sent PM's about it.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Coolbreeze74