sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default Apr 05, 2020 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLIEBETH87 View Post
I’m already out of sync with the structure ip gave me because I’m very medicated and can’t seem to stay awake. I’ve only been awake a few hours today and I could totally go right back to sleep now.’ this is gonna make getting up at 5:30 for work hard this weekend. I can barely get up at 10 am. Being stuck at home makes it worse because I can’t go anywhere to fill my time. M dr has me taking 1mg of risperdal 4 times a day!

I’m doing my best but geesh all I wanna do is sleep!
I've been taking high dose Risperdal since the drug was approved. I take 10 mg daily. 8 mg at night and 2 mg in the morning. I also take Seroquel, 50 mg 4 times a day and 100 mg at night. We tried Haldol and a number of first generation antipsychotics but for me it was like taking sugar pills. They had absolutely no effect.

As far your sleepiness due to your daily Risperdal, you will adjust. It takes time to acclimate to the drug. Seroquel used to knock me out but since I take it 4 times daily, I've adjusted to it. The answer to your question is it takes time.

Risperdal is a good drug. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. It literally gave me my freedom back. The hospital where I was treated was considering indefinite confinement if they couldn't find an antipsychotic that worked for me. Risperdal was that drug.
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote