MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 06, 2020 at 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimatis View Post
I feel empty and know nothing what I want but feel superior and important. I achieve this feeling by limiting myself (cold, hunger, overworking, etc.) and contempt of enjoyment.

My goal is to remove need to feel important (or what it exactly is) at all..
Can you clarify what this means? How do you achieve superiority by limiting yourself to cold and hunger...?

I agree with the advice given. People with NPD tend to think they're perfect. They don't question themselves at all and any negative feedback angers them quite intensely. They have a deep rooted insecurity and blame others for their own behaviours. They will lie, deny, and use others for personal gains. Anything positive is to seek attention and for image building. Their children are worthy to them only if they make them "look good" (good grades, talents, etc) or if they generate attention of some other kind (chronic illness, injuries, etc) to gain their own sympathies. They will suck you emotionally and have zero empathy towards others.

This is my understanding of NPD, as well, anyway.

Sometimes there's an overlap between NDP and high functioning Autism/Asperger's. Not labeling you, as I'm just an online person, but it might be something worthwhile to look into.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote