View Single Post
ticperson500
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2020
Chat Apr 06, 2020 at 06:20 AM

Hello everyone

I've recently transitioned to remote therapy sessions because of COVID-19.

As I'm sure we all know, telemental health— namely, live therapy sessions through technology/services like Zoom — has been on the rise in recent years, but is currently spiking because of COVID-19 and the need for everyone to stay indoors.

From what I've heard, many therapists are adapting quickly and transitioning to remote sessions via apps like Zoom, including my own therapist. This is fantastic and is working for a lot of people, but, as I'm sure other patients and therapists on this sub are experiencing, many important parts of our usual therapy is getting left behind at the office.

For example, my therapist and I usually make use of an Oculus VR headset or actual physical objects/things for my exposure therapy. Now, we have to do things verbally or by sending links of images/videos. Additionally, my therapist usually gets a close-quarters view of my reaction and state of anxiety during our sessions, but this is significantly more difficult over video call (webcam quality, lag, etc.)

I'm really interested to hear what others have to say about this. Particularly curious to hear about the ways in which therapists are getting around these issues!
ticperson500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, smmath