View Single Post
Letsgetthisbread
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2020
Trig Apr 06, 2020 at 06:54 AM

Now I don't quite qualify as an adult, but I assure you my issues are still concerning.
My mother has a history of abuse that probably goes way back. She is an alcoholic, anorexic, and a bitter person. She is an asshole. She will never accept that she is wrong. Her ego is her defense. I have my dad and his roommate(Dan) that I live with and we are a happy functional family unit. We might not be the healthiest but we are getting by with what we can. Our state is locked down for a month, so usually Dan and I run errands but it's been only him. My mom has been going out and going over to her friends house to get drunk even though we've told her that she can't just be going around and hanging out with people. We are stocking up on food so that we have to go to the store less. She cooked three things in one day and used 14 eggs and a whole box of butter. This has caused a stir. She is very upset and left, she texts me and we argue for about an hour.

Now there's too much to unpack right now. But basically, my mom will pick fights with us to make an excuse for her to leave and get drunk. She will often rant at us through text, and she uses suicide as a guilt tactic. She has attempted suicide a couple times before. I am very worried that after one of these fights that she might succeed in going through with it. I don't really know how to handle this situation.

Last edited by atisketatasket; Apr 06, 2020 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Added trigger
Letsgetthisbread is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, DechanDawa, downandlonely, mote.of.soul, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks