31.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
This is a good question Fuzzy

I think many things factor into this.

I feel PC is one of the best mental health forums I have found. Its a good balance of being able to talk about the struggles of daily life and long term goals and a place to learn new skills and find friendships.

I also think this is a safe site, not everyone is going to agree about things so agreeing to disagree is a wonderful thing that each member can do, There is also an ignore feature, in the past I have needed to use this for my own self care. There are also certain forums that I simple do not go to because they are triggering to me. There are thread topics that I dont bother looking at.. I know my triggers.

Everyone must take responsibilty for themselves here. If someone feels a thread goes way out of line with content against PC guidelines just report the thread and let the Mods handle it. All the Moderators are volunteer so sometimes it will take time, so we all need to have patience.

My Motto here........ Is take what you need and give what you can
THIS. I couldn't put it any better, which is why I'm simply going to say "ditto"!

Also wanted to give a shout out to BirdDancer's answer. Many good points. I've definitely seen those things come into play on other sites I've been on too. And more specific to here, I agree those "my boyfriend is a jerk, so he's bipolar, right?" threads are annoying (and often downright insulting to people with BP.)

I would add the unhelpfulness of "persecution" responses to situations. People can disagree. Doesn't mean they're persecuting anyone. I personally find that a very childish response. But as Daonnached points out, we can be dealing with mental illness situations, so we're going to get less-than-healthy reactions sometimes. We need to account for that. At the same time, I think each of us has a responsibility to pause and consider employing the most healthy response we can muster at the time. Breathe. Sniping or acting out accomplish nothing positive. Sometimes we're going to hear things we don't like. That challenge us. We need to try our best to hear that, and not just react against it. This is how we can grow. People here truly do care -- I've never experienced this level of caring anywhere else on the internet (so go us!!!!!)

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
~Christina

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, ~Christina