Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2020 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Have you tried to watch something more uplifting or light hearted or maybe even stupid? I love crime thrillers myself, but I can only take so much of it before having bad dreams or being afraid to be in a dark room. I try to watch more mindless or light stuff during this trying times. A little stupid won’t hurt anyone.

Checking less with the news might be a good idea too. Some news are not specific or factual enough and are just unnecessary scaring people. I try to keep it to a minimum

There are some cool free things we can do online now. Www. edx. org has ton of free and not demanding courses from bunch of universities. Ton on history and art and philosophy etc There are some from Smithsonian, totally cool ones. And some are learning foreign languages. They aren’t time consuming and are free. I might try one myself

Well, ordinarily I love crime thrillers (and they never scare me because I chose carefully which ones I will watch) but I think, in general, I was just watching them more during this time because of social isolation. I have one YouTuber I follow and it's great going on there because all the fans post funny and thoughtful comments. Also, this YouTuber reached a million subscribers this week and everyone is celebrating. The fans are from all over the world so it is interesting to hear how all the different nationalities are doing.

I should visit SoundCloud and other music sites...and play more music.

I don't really have an appetite for silly or stupid. It doesn't hold my attention. I have plenty of hobbies and just need to redirect myself.

A major problem has been news radio. I remember this happened during 9/11. People kept their televisions and radios on 24/7. At the time I had a very sensitive teenager in the house so I kept the television and radio off, and we practiced our music on piano and guitar, took hikes, walked our dog etc. I should probably just act like I have a sensitive teenager in the house.

Some of the dreams are vivid but not negative. The dream I woke up to today was amazingly positive. I think maybe I will start keeping a dream log. A lot of messages are coming through the subconscious.

Last edited by DechanDawa; Apr 06, 2020 at 02:59 PM..
DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote