View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2020 at 03:59 PM

You are in a terrible situation. I think because you are maybe just a teen you need to rely more on your Dad? And this Dan seems like a nice guy? It seems you need some kind of buffer between you and your Mom. It isn't right that you are being emotionally abused. It sounds like everyone is being emotionally abused but you especially need protection.

Has your mother ever been IP (inpatient) and received treatment? Has she ever been in rehab? She needs professional help.

One thing I might suggest right now...try to detach from the insanity. She is out-of-control and doing insane things. So you cannot look at this in any logical way. I know she is your mother but still...you really need to protect yourself.

Because your mother is an addict even when not drinking she isn't wholly sane. That's really the story here.

You need to find ways...not to solve your Mom's problem...but to detach from it. Also, have you ever attended Teen Alanon meetings? I think you should get into one of these ASAP...maybe find a group online who are meeting online. YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. BREATHE DEEP BREATHS. NOW. TAKE THREE DEEP SLOW BREATHES.

Use deep breathing to ground yourself. Look to the sane adults in your life for physical and emotional protection. Detach. Detach. Detach.

Finally...you can call a Suicide Prevention Hotline...not for yourself...but to talk about your Mom. I encourage you to use this. If you call the national hotline you will be redirected to the nearest hotline to you. You can call 911 and ask to be connected to the Prevention Hotline. These people will give you help as to how to deal with the suicide threats. It is anonymous so remember that...you do not have to give your real name or location. You can refuse to give any information - even your phone number - but they will still talk with you. I strongly urge you to use this free service.

Last edited by DechanDawa; Apr 06, 2020 at 04:17 PM..
DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote