View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Apr 06, 2020 at 04:30 PM

Well... I'm an older person myself. And way back when I was young, & where I grew up, you were straight... period. And perhaps there might have been some people who were "homosexual"... or (heaven forfend) even transgender! But if they were... they kept it to themselves.

One thing I've come to understand over the past few years is that human sexuality is more than simply straight versus gay (or male versus female for that matter.) It lies on sort-of a continuum with straight & gay being at opposite ends. At least that's the way I think of it now. And if we were honest about it, most of us would lie not at the polar opposites of the continuum, but somewhere in-between.

So yes perhaps there is some part of your psychological make-up wherein you can find yourself attracted to members of your own gender. But I think that's probably pretty normal, especially nowadays where people are more free to consider possibilities beyond simply gay or straight. (Way back when I was young such possibilities would never have even occurred to most of us.) Coming to the realization that there may be some part of you that could be attracted to members of your own gender doesn't really change anything. You certainly don't have to act on it if you don't want to. It simply means, perhaps, that you're coming to a deeper understanding of yourself as a human being. And that, I would say, is something to be celebrated! At least that's the way it seems to me.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote