Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2020 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Oh I hear you. I don’t normally like stupid either but right now I’d rather do that than the news. My dad had news on 24/7 and then he freaked about some reports and they aren’t even factual. He has been watching more you tube now, and not news, more like diy stuff or history or old movies and he is more upbeat now. I don’t have radio or tv on at all and just check news once a day. All of this is draining. Music sounds like a good idea!

Thanks for these comments. Our governor's talk on Monday (radio, YouTube) revealed our curve is flattening out. This is great news...and really all I need to know. Our gov wants us to really buckle down to the rules of social distancing. It looks like in my state we might avoid a big surge. The point is I could kind of lay off the news and FOMO.

My son and I trade YouTube and Podcast recommendations. I have to confess that some of the YouTube videos we watch are kind of absurd.

I have decided to lay off the crime thrillers for now. Too mentally stimulating.

It's good your Dad switched gears.

I did hear a report on the radio by some sleep expert that people are having more vivid dreams because they are getting more REMS from being able to sleep in. Possibly...but who knows if it is true. The radio is full of coronavirus related crap these days.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote