View Single Post
Whereto52

Member Since Feb 2020
34 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2020 at 04:47 PM

Hey, I was recently diagnosed with AvPD and dysthymia. My whole life has been a real struggle when being around people. I was in a relationship once but even there I felt wrong and disgustong sometimes and there were also moments were I couldn't bear to be touched or be close to him in general.
Since 5 years now I'm going through therapy. The first therapist I saw for 4-5 years was nice but never really figured out what was wrong with because I showed so many traits of different clusters.
The new one has worked out the hypothesis that it is possibly AvPD with a light case of social anxiety.
Now the problem is that I don't know what to do to get better. I suck at conversations so I already tried working on that by working in a small shop. But after one year of working there it still doesn't work and my small talk skills havent improved the slightest.
Appearantly it takes 2 years to cause remission in symptoms with behavioural and cognitive therapy but in my country Country therapist will only be covering 24h of sessions with a patient. That means I'm ****ed, doesnt it?
We passed the 13th session last week and we still havent gotten anywhere which is just frustrating.And my therapist isnt helpfull at all because last time he said that he doesnt know what to do with me.
So I've hoped that someone in this forum might have an idea on how to work on all this..
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Rincewind